[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - blue_flag=yes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:48:54 BST 2012

2012/7/6 Martin Vonwald (Imagic) <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> Just a quick thought: wouldn't it be more readable if this tag would be a subkey of beach, i.e. beach:blue_flag=yes? So you see at once that this is a property of the beach.

it is not only a label for water quality at beaches but deals also
with other aspects like sustainability and safety:
http://www.blueflag.org/
The flag could also be assigned to marinas or beach resorts. Should it
then also be marina:blue_flag=yes, beach_resort:blue_flag, etc.?

If you would like to subtype it, I'd use an award-namespace, similar
to how it was mentioned in the other thread: award:blue_flag=yes on
the entity it applies to (be it a beach or something else)

cheers,
Martin