[Tagging] [Talk-us] Rails with trails

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 08:15:47 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Phil! Gold <phil_g at pobox.com> wrote:
> As I understand it, NE2 was looking for a tagging scheme that would allow
> for searches to find trails on a railway grade.  Searching for rail trails

The use case is literally to find flattish bike paths? Searching for
rail trails sounds like a pretty indirect way to do it. Especially
since "rails with trails"/railside trails definitely aren't guaranteed
a rail-friendly grade: the trail can go up and down the sides of
cuttings, or down into a gully missing a rail bridge etc.

There must be better ways to search for trails with a certain maximum grade?

Steve