[Tagging] tagging awards and ratings

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Fri Jul 27 01:02:21 BST 2012

Am 27.07.2012 00:11, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> At least in Germany, a photographer may not photograph anything in
> public view and claim ownership; it is possible that photographing
> e.g. a work of art and then using that photo requires consent from the
> rights holder even though the object was in public view.
Are you sure for Germany? I would disagree with your statement due to
the so called Panoramafreiheit  (Freedom of panorama,
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoramafreiheit ,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama) if you are standing on
a public road (!). The only thing in opposite to that is the so called
"Recht am eigenen Bild" (
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recht_am_eigenen_Bild ).

BTW: remark on Google Streetview (because it fits in that context): they
are not covered by the Panoramafreiheit because their camera position is
that high that this can't be treated as "photographer standing on the
road". From my point of view nobody would have had a chance to act
aginst them if they would have put their camera into a height of about 2
meters or less...

Best regards,
Michael.