[Tagging] tagging awards and ratings

Fri Jul 27 15:00:55 BST 2012

At 2012-07-27 00:37, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>But of course we weren't talking about the photo per se, but about the
>question whether you could put the rating in the OSM database, and I
>believe that even if the Michelin rating is displayed in a way so artful
>that it attracts copyright, the *fact* that the hotel has a certain rating
>will not be copyrightable.

Just to be clear, this is exactly the case I envision, and something our
crowd-source model should be good at - people seeing/knowing from local
knowledge that a restaurant has a certain star rating and recording and
maintaining it in OSM. I'm given to understand that, in France in
particular, this information is commonly known and mentioned when
describing a restaurant.