[Tagging] Mapping larger Mini-roundabouts

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jun 6 13:21:56 BST 2012

Diameter is more universally understood by the layman than radius. Radius is normally only used by engineers, scientists and mathematicians.
Plus it keeps us from having to map fractions.
Phil

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 06/06/2012 13:07 Andrew Errington wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:32:59 Colin Smale wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 09:13, Martin Vonwald wrote:
> > If you want to specify the dimension of the mini-roundabout I think it
> > would be sufficient to specify the width of the approaching roads.
> >
> > Martin
>
> How about diameter=15 on the mini-roundabout node? This is factually
> correct, verifiable on the ground and (IMHO) non-controversial; routing
> would not be affected (no need to route over areas) and renderers can
> draw a bigger blob. Problem solved, simples.

If we do this I would really love to see the tag as radius=* instead of
diameter=*.

Thank you,

Andrew

Tagging at openstreetmap.org