[Tagging] Tag definitions in the OSM wiki and Wikipedia references

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:08:41 BST 2012

2012/6/7 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> My plea is to avoid these links to external ressources and to define
> all necessary settings in our own wiki.

I think that a deeper integration with wikipedia could be a very
interesting thing.  Maybe some links on our wiki aren't correct, but the
possibility to go to a wikipedia article about charging stations, and than
clicking "see them in opentreetmap" which highlights them on our map is my
idea of a perfectly linked information.

Germans are working on Wikidata, a new project that is making Wikipedia a
bit more data oriented. I think we should look at ways to connect that data
to our data.

Janko