[Tagging] Reviving the conditions debate

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:12:00 BST 2012

2012/6/13 Eckhart Wörner <ewoerner at kde.org>:
*snip*
> access:(weight>5.5):destination=yes
*snip*

This is a good example of a bad choice of separators. Because
(weight>5.5) and destination are both conditions, but if I don't know
that they are conditions, I have no chance of figuring it out. If you
use a different character (like the ? in the 1.5) it would be clear
where the conditions start.

>> There is also an actual proposal:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Conditions_for_Restrictions
> I've just learnt about this proposal, which is brand new. Most parts are the same, however, it has some new ideas I really don't like:

Didn't know about that too. And it has the same problem:
  maxspeed:lanes:hgv:wet=60|50|40

Where does the condition begin? Again this is not obvious. Small change:
  maxspeed:lanes?hgv:wet=60|50|40

Now it is clear.

Martin