[Tagging] Reviving the conditions debate

Eckhart Wörner ewoerner at kde.org
Wed Jun 13 16:14:12 BST 2012

Hi David,

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, 14:36:24 schrieb David Earl:
> Here's a couple of complicated ones, which might present certain
> challenges modelling (let alone understanding what the signs actually mean)
>
> http://bit.ly/LlOe9x (you'll need to zoom in on the sign)

oneway=yes
oneway:hgv:(length>25'0")=no

> http://www.frankieandshadow.com/xref/byway.jpg

This is a difficult one, for the moment I would probably model it as:
motorcar:(October-April 00:00-24:00)=no

That doesn't mean one cannot thing of better way to model those conditions. For example, one could define a condition
permit(X) and then model it as:
motorcar:(October-April 00:00-24:00):permit(Permit A 38)=yes

A navigation system could then prompt
"Do you have the following permit(s): Permit A 38? <yes> <no>"

However, this does not really affect the proposal, since the proposal only provides the syntax for conditions plus some important conditions, not every imaginable condition.

Eckhart