[Tagging] Reviving the conditions debate

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:22:28 BST 2012

2012/6/13 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> The problem is that you don't have a clear separation between key and
> condition. In my opinion it would improve readability for people (not
> programs) if we separate those two clearly.

I tend to agree with Tobias here: it is not always clear whether it is
a condition or a subkey. "hgv" for instance could be interpreted as
condition (if you are in a heavy goods vehicle) or as a subkey
(vehicle class), and looking at the examples in this thread mappers do
choose one of these two but not always the same. I guess in the end
you won't be able to rely on this distinction.

Cheers,
Martin