[Tagging] What tag(s) for a school canteen ?

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Jun 18 20:45:33 BST 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 14:24 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2012/6/18 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> > All in title (question seen on our local forum)
> >
> > amenity=restaurant + access=private ?
> > Pieren
>

> is it a restaurant type canteen? Usually I'd tend to think fast_food
> if thinking of canteens, but if access is restricted, it might be
> discussable if fast_food or restaurant is the right typology anyway.
> Maybe better invent something dedicated for canteens. Or is the next
> step to tag all bigger private kitchens as restaurants,
> access=private? ;-)

In the UK the term canteen implies private, as it is usually a in a
school or workplace. I can remember a time when there were management
canteen, which did have waiting staff. When I started work there were
separate workers(brown collar, blue(us)), staff(white collar) and
management canteens.

However despite attempts to impose names such as 'staff restaurant, the
term canteen has stuck.

Phil