[Tagging] maxspeed=signals

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Jun 27 08:19:16 BST 2012

Hi.
That's how it's documented and defined, but I fear, if you look into
maxspeed tags of countries not using the metric system on signs, we
probably have many "bugs" in values without units, if you use that
assumption.
It's similar to everything else:
If there's nothing declared, you don't know if it's wrong or missing. If
there's no maxspeed at all in the database, we don't know if there's the
national default or if nobody cared about maxspeeds there, yet.

That's why I want to ALLOW a unit information even where it's metric.

regards
Peter