[Tagging] maxspeed=signals

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jun 27 15:52:32 BST 2012

+1
Real time estimates are best handled by TMS, or similar.

Phil

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 27/06/2012 15:40 Janko Mihelić wrote:

2012/6/27 Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org>

To be able to display a range, or estimate the correct value when other data (such as speed limits that vary based on time of day) is available.

 I think that estimation of slowest possible trip is not something we should be thinking about. In my country, and I assume most others, you "must" lower your speed if the road conditions are bad, even if there are no signals. That is not very different from signals that lower the maximum speed if there is rain, fog or something else. Let alone traffic jams.

I think such cases should be handled by other, real-time services. We should only concentrate on the best (fastest) case scenario.

Janko Mihelić