[Tagging] maxspeed=signals

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Jun 28 22:59:00 BST 2012

Am 28.06.2012 23:50, schrieb Toby Murray:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
>> A "lowest speed limit" means that, under normal circumstances, traffic is supposed to go at least that fast, and someone going slower can be cited for obstructing traffic.  It doesn't get enforced when heavy traffic, road construction, severe weather, or the like forces everyone to slow down.
> This is tagged with minspeed=* which hasn't been discussed here but I
> guess if the minimum speed limit varies along with the maximum, the
> same issues arise...
There's a difference between minspeed and "lowest speed limit", I would say.
A usual motorway in Germany (Autobahn) has a minspeed of 61km/h (you
must drive faster than 60), but of course that does not apply to
situations with e.g. stop motion traffic.
This is far different from the minimum possible maxspeed limit shown on
a dynamic maxspeed signal, because there you are allowed to drive slower
if the situation makes that necessary.

regards
Peter