[Tagging] This needs to be nipped in the bud

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:44:30 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> -1 to the polygon: also on a crossing there is directed traffic even
> if the lanes are not marked. A highway-polygon is representing an area
> without traffic direction. If there is a direction, use a way.

Well, my point is : the intersection itself may or may not have
directed traffic (e.g. when controlled by traffic lights, the same
point may have vehicles going in different directions but at different
time - or different types of vehicles if you have bus lanes) and you
have so many combinations on big intersections that the result is
unreadable and unmaintainable if you draw all of them as in the
exemple pointed above (and you draw for routing only).
The access restrictions to the lanes are defined in the connected
entry and exit lanes : e.g.  oneway, the designated vehicles. And the
turn restrictions are identified as usual with the existing relation.

Pieren