[Tagging] Preventing traffic signs - Invitation to discussion

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:44:57 GMT 2012

Am 14. März 2012 13:10 schrieb Ronnie Soak <chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com>:
> Also the meaning of some signs already has a tag of its own. A
> traffic_sign=maxspeed is tagged as maxspeed=* on the way. A
> traffic_sign=oneway is tagged as oneway=yes, a traffic_sign=cycleway
> is tagged as access=no; bicycle=designated.

in the case of maxspeed (but also other restrictions like maxweight,
maxheight, maxwidth) I find it useful to map both: the restriction on
the road and the maxspeed sign at the side of the road. IMHO it helps
a lot to have the positions of the signs in the editor (even more if
several mappers are active in the same area).

traffic_sign is a tag about a traffic sign. For the here suggested
intention (tag highways with implications from signs) I would use
different keys.

cheers,
Martin