[Tagging] Warning traffic signs - Invitation to discussion

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Mar 16 15:25:25 GMT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM, OSM user <osm at fizik.spb.ru> wrote:
> "At least with the US versions, they simply indicate the presence of a
> curve, not a particular additional danger" - so, I understand, that we
> should think, that these US "curve"-signs are not analogous to
> "dangerous turn"-signs in other countries, because they have another
> sense.

Right.  There are extreme exceptions (links below to imagery on
approach), but there's no standardized sign specifically for the
situation.  You still know it, though:

http://g.co/maps/dv9ab (approaching sharp, blind and frequently
congested freeway curve)
http://g.co/maps/agjnm (sharp freeway curve approached in the previous
link, no horizontal visibility thanks to tunnel, no lane change zone
continues to end of freeway)