[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reversible lane (tidal flow)

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:48:39 BST 2012

On 3/26/2012 7:47 AM, Martin Vonwald wrote:
> I took the notation from the wikipedia page linked in the proposal.

I don't know why Wikipedia groups them, but it at least doesn't say that
a center turn lane is a reversible lane.

http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/part2/part2b.htm#section2B24
"Two-Way Left Turn Only (R3-9a or R3-9b) signs (see Figure 2B-6) should
be used in conjunction with the required pavement markings where a
*non-reversible* lane is reserved for the exclusive use of left-turning
vehicles in either direction and is not used for passing, overtaking, or
through travel." (emphasis added)