[Tagging] area=yes on polygones (was Block names)

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:53:56 BST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> And Pieren continues to add his opinion to the page.

Not only mine. I'm still waiting at least a single example where a
closed way for platforms is not an area (and rendering issue cannot be
fixed by splitting the way for instance). You see, I'm even not asking
a high ratio justifying a 2nd tag, just a single example (and not
recently added) which could explain that the "area=yes" is not a
workaround fixing rendering issues.
Please forget a bit Mapnik. The case is "rare enough" to say that the
assumption for the closed way is an area and adding the 2nd tag is a
workaround. It's only what I'm saying on the wiki.

Pieren