[Tagging] Dispute on highway=mini_roundabout

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu May 10 17:25:46 BST 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/5/10 Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com>:
>> I propose we start accepting junction=roundabout to be used on nodes.
>
> you can do this but it will always be preliminary and worse than
> explicit geometry

Hmm, this is like saying "you can always just map a school with an
outline but it's worse than mapping each building, entrances,
playgrounds, fields, goal posts, manhole covers, ...". Users map to
the level of detail that they are interested in, we shouldn't
discourage contributions by setting a high bar.

-Josh