[Tagging] Shop=bag & shop=haberdashery in wiki map features page

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Sun May 13 13:57:58 BST 2012

On 13/05/12 13:38, Philip Barnes wrote:
> haberdashery is probably the most correct. Luggage may be more useful as that
> type of shop will usually also sell suitcases.
>
> Bag shop just sounds wrong.

+1

> On 13/05/2012 11:38 Mihkel Rämmel wrote:
>
> Someone (Suslikk) has recently added shop=bag & shop=haberdashery to map
> features page. Both tags are only very few times used. shop=haberdashery is used
> 20 times and shop=bag is used 33 times (shop=bags is used 70 times).
> Haberdashery doesn't have it's own wiki page an is quite an complicated word.
> shop=bag has its own page in russian on english page (since april).
> Should these two tags exist at all? If not, then what tags should be used instead?

It is nice if you document the tags in use but for new tags you should use
proposal pages and link to the proposal from other pages.

Maybe we should think about linking from map feature to some proposal lists.
E.g. have a link to a list of all proposals shop=* from the map feature section
shop.

I also miss any anouncement on this mailing list.

cu
fly