[Tagging] Shop=bag & shop=haberdashery in wiki map features page

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sun May 13 17:54:13 BST 2012

On 13/05/2012 18:37, Jaakko Helleranta.com wrote:
> Since "Haberdashery doesn't have it's own wiki page an(d) is quite an complicated word" may I ask:
> Wtf is it?
> .. And why on earth would we use it (over luggage or bag(s), which are understood by pretty much anyone)?

I think you are confusing things - shop=bag and shop=haberdashery are
two separate tags.

A haberdashery is a shop that sells materials for sewing, ie thread,
needles, buttons etc.
Though Wiktionary says a haberdashery can also be a shop selling men's
clothing, so probably best to avoid the term if it is ambiguous.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/haberdashery

Maybe something like shop=sewing would be clearer?
Or maybe a more general tag, that could also include shops selling
things for knitting, quilting, embroidery etc.
Possibly something like shop=craft_materials ?