[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon May 14 03:25:17 BST 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> Please pardon the ignorant American question:
>
> What is the difference between traffic_calming=chicane and a small
> roundabout?  Is it based on who has the right of way?
>
> Does anyone have an example of something like this in the US?  Or is
> it safe to say that these don't exist here?

Here is an example in Seattle. http://g.co/maps/nvhfh  We have traffic
calming islands all over the city.  According to state law, there is no
legal requirement to go around the island to make a left turn so traffic
direction shouldn't be shown.

--
Clifford

I have promised to cut down on my swearing and drinking, which I have.
 Unfortunately, this has left me dim-witted and nearly speechless. Adapted
from *The Lion* by Nelson DeMille

-or-

 Albert Einstein