[Tagging] Shop=bag & shop=haberdashery in wiki map features page

Mon May 14 22:56:40 BST 2012

At 2012-05-13 03:38, Mihkel Rämmel wrote:
>Someone (Suslikk) has recently added shop=bag & shop=haberdashery to map
>features page. Both tags are only very few times used. shop=haberdashery
>is used 20 times and shop=bag is used 33 times (shop=bags is used 70
>times). Haberdashery doesn't have it's own wiki page an is quite an
>complicated word. shop=bag has its own page in russian on english page
>(since april).

What does a shop=bags store sell? Luggage? I would use shop=travel.

While I always thought a "haberdashery" sold hats and other mens
accessories, it's quite an old-fashioned word, and rarely used in the US.
Apparently, it also has a different meaning in the UK, according to
wiktionary and M-W. I'd avoid it on these grounds and use
shop=mens_clothing or maybe mens_accessories for the former. For a "yarn
barn", the US chain Michael's has such things as well as art supplies and
has been tagged shop={craft|crafts|art}.