[Tagging] Turning circle with island or turning loop (was Re: (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Tue May 15 15:55:16 BST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I added highway=turning_loop to the last example and noted, that it is
> under discussion right now.

I've changed all my junction=roundabout + note=turning_loop to be
highway=turning_loop now.

> It would really help a lot if the major renderers would support this,
> as well as junction=roundabout on a single node. Otherwise I'm afraid
> the acceptance would be rather low.

I better not get on my soapbox about how we need the OSM.org
stylesheet to be located on GitHub, and to use Carto so people can use
TileMill for designing. But it should be trivial to render it; just
copy the existing bits for turning_circle and add a dot in the middle
as with mini_roundabout.

-Josh