[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:27:06 BST 2012

2012/5/16 Andrew Chadwick (lists) <a.t.chadwick+lists at gmail.com>:
> According to Wikipedia at least, the ones without priority for
> circulating traffic are called "traffic circles" in the US, and they use
> the BE "roundabout" as we do in GB:
>  "In the U.S., traffic engineers use the term roundabout for
> intersections in which entering traffic must yield to traffic already in
> the circle, reserving the term traffic circle for those in which
> entering traffic is controlled by stop signs, traffic signals, or is not
> formally controlled."
>  -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle

Thanks for that. I added a note about traffic circles and a link to
the wikipedia article.

More information about the Tagging mailing list