[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:34:42 BST 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Steve Doerr <doerr.stephen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/05/2012 19:01, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

>>> Penalties for routing?
>>

>> Meaning? Would you assign more or less penalty to one where some entering
>> traffic doesn't yield?
>

> Do we have a way of representing priority at junctions generally? I've often
> thought we should, but I don't think I've ever seen such a thing.

There is highway=stop and highway=give_way but their use is kind of
awkward. The wiki says to put it on a node before the intersection
which makes some sense but then anyone who actually wants to use it
has to do some calculation to figure out which direction of travel it
applies to. Which would mean finding the nearest intersection with a
similarly classed road to the tagged node. I typically only put
highway=stop on 4 way stops where it applies to all ways.

Toby