[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu May 17 00:41:09 BST 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have an actual use case where it's so important to know whether
> entering traffic yields that the user expects a completely different tag
> when one or more approaches has right-of-way?

I think the issue is more one that any "roundabout" which is large
enough to not require entering traffic to yield is fundamentally
different from a quintessential roundabout
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NonUK_Roundabout_8_Cars.gif).

But maybe I'm wrong.  Does anyone have an example of a traffic circle
where entering traffic does not yield, but it makes sense for a satnav
to say "make a left at the roundabout"?  Where traffic puts on their
left turn signal?  A la
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NonUK_Roundabout_8_Cars.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flemington_circle_usgs.jpg certainly
doesn't qualify.