[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu May 17 01:34:29 BST 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/2012 8:13 PM, Anthony wrote:
>>
>> Also, I'd prefer for my satnav to save the word "roundabout" for
>> actual roundabouts.  If it starts talking to me about roundabouts when
>> I'm just merging onto a road which is part of an interchange which is
>> kind of circular in shape, I'm just going to get confused.
>
> I doubt this.

You don't get confused when your navigation program starts talking to
you about intersections that don't exist?  When this happens to me,
and it does happen from time to time (*), and I'm in an area I'm not
familiar with, it confuses me.

(*) For example, "make a slight right onto Whatever Ave", when there's
just a pretty much straight road ahead of you with no traffic lights
or stop signs or other traffic control devices.

Anyway, while looking for an example of a roundabout, I came across
this: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/83428962/history

Why did you remove the roundabout tag?