[Tagging] (Mini)Roundabout: examples

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sat May 19 18:34:42 BST 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/19/2012 1:01 PM, Anthony wrote:
>>
>> I'd be interested in
>> seeing a sign which says "circle" used on a roundabout, though.
>
> If you mean simply a circle where all entering traffic yields

No, I mean a "true" roundabout.  You said that both "circle" and
"rotary" signs are used on "true" roundabouts.

>  http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=39.900158,-74.592219&spn=0.00179,0.004128&gl=us&t=k&z=19&layer=c&cbll=39.900118,-74.592345&panoid=Supc0kOmdg30CoFnHnF6GQ&cbp=12,255.75,,0,0.7

I'm not sure that qualifies as approaching vehicles being deflected
around a central island (the MUTCD definition).  The deflection is
being done by the islands in the four corners.

> If you mean a "modern roundabout" with all its anal criteria (e.g. no
> monuments in the center, curves matching a certain profile), I can't help
> you.

So what did you mean by a "true" roundabout?  What is your definition
of a roundabout?