[Tagging] Geology and landcover - Building an extension

sabas88 sabas88 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 08:59:57 BST 2012

Hi all,
I started mapping some landuse and landcover in an area, but soon I found
that the existing tags have some limitations.
In my specific situation, I wanted to tag this[0] area, whose surface is
descripted as limestone and marine sedimentation.

I searched the wiki, and I found some ideas like:
- geological tag [1]
- bedrock [2]
- mining surface [3]

I found also that there's a set of tags for sea shore.

As suggested in Italian Mailing List, FAO has made the Landcover
Classification System [4], that was already pointed out in this
discussion[5].

What about building a proposal to extend landcover=* tag to meet FAO's
system?

Regards,
Stefano

[0] http://www.sarchittu.org/immagini/luoghi/arco/genovesi.jpg