[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Cycle lanes & cycle tracks - my findings and a proposal

Kytömaa Lauri lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi
Thu May 24 20:28:44 BST 2012

>As long as
>(just my favorite example) you have to move <x> ways to move a street
>by a few meters, this will no succeed.

Nobody says that we should not map buildings, bus stops, pubs, benches,
restaurants, post boxes, streams, pubs, trees, advertising columns, etc.
just because one would have to move <x> of them when they get a better
source for the street alignment, or the street changes.

The map will get crowded and more tedious to edit over time, but that's
just a sign of active mappers - and of more users to do smaller bits of said
tedious edits.

--
Alv