[Tagging] Update of article highway=mini_roundabout

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:16:08 BST 2012

Am 25.05.2012 um 01:44 schrieb Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:

> I'd register my disapproval, but it would simply be ignored, so I'll just ignore the new guidelines and continue tagging as I have been.

I'm curious: what exactly do you disapprove, why, and what are your suggestions to improve the current situation?

I think that most of the issues raised were solved by allowing junction=roundabout on nodes (easy tagging of small roundabouts) and the introduction of highway=turning_loop, which could be used instead of turning_circle and mini_roundabout for easy tagging of places, where vehicles can turn around and a center island is present.

Also documentation was improved with the help of many people, so there shouldn't be any ambiguities left in it that lead to inconsistent tagging.

Regards,
Martin