[Tagging] New access tag value needed?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:39:41 BST 2012

2012/5/30 Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com>:

> There seems to be a need for a new value for the access tags. The new value
> would indicate that the way can be used (as it is not illegal / prohibited),
> but it is advised to use a different route.

This is a feature often talked about (suggested routes), which might
be suitable for OSM or not (I guess most of the mappers actually
consider this not suitable because advices are a matter of subjective
judgement and interpretation). It is definitely nothing to store in an
access-value, as access if for legal accessibility _only_. If you
wanted to tag non-suitability you should use another namespace/tag
(additionally).

Cheers,
Martin