[Tagging] Tagging GB railway stations and track

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 16:45:42 GMT 2012

On 7 November 2012 13:13, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

Wouldn't the route code be better in a relation? I'm sure there will be
> some bits of the network which are part of multiple routes.

Apologies, I meant relation.

One or more running lines are grouped together in to a route - it's
entirely possible for lines that run parallel (e.g. the line from Watford
Junction - Camden Junction runs parallel to the line from Rugby to Euston)
to be in completely separate routes, or for a line to change from one route
to another mid-way.

I'll mull over how to model a change between line names.

Why include the word "code" in the tag name for CRS (and nr_route_code)
> and not for TIPLOC and STANOX?

TIPLOC stands for Timing Point LOcation Code, so adding 'code' to the end
is technically unnecessary.  STANOX stands for Station Number, so isn't a
code per se.

However, for clarity, I'm happy to make them tiploc_code, stanox_code and
crs_code, or perhaps prefix them with something else.

Peter