[Tagging] exit_to on motorway_junction

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 18 20:26:51 GMT 2012

Phil, there's a difference between routing calculation (which neither
knows nor cares about road names, numbers, signposts etc) and how the
result of the calculation is presented to the user. Then you need to
relate the nodes/edges in the routing graph back to the real world. The
value in this tag (as well as name, destination etc) is that the
navigation software can give instructions based on recognisable
landmarks instead of referring to way IDs. This distinguishes between
pure "routing" and "useful navigation".

Colin