[Tagging] Fixed caravan site

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sun Nov 18 22:22:14 GMT 2012

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> or tag it with place=hamlet, village or neighbourhood (not sure about
> the size of these trailer parks and if they're isolated or part of a
> settlement)?
> cheers,
> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

In the USA, some "trailer parks" or "mobile home parks" are stand-alone, while others are surrounded by conventional buildings.  Both of these terms refer to areas containing relatively large structures that have to be towed by large trucks, and often never move again once they are in place.  Areas for smaller camping trailers of a size to be towed by an automobile or pickup truck, or for self-propelled recreational vehicles are generally termed "campgrounds" or "RV parks", and the expectation is that someone will stay only short-term before moving on, trailer and all.

John F. Eldredge --  john at jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

More information about the Tagging mailing list