[Tagging] Proposal: expanded address tags for US

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:44:14 GMT 2012

Am 18/nov/2012 um 21:16 schrieb Steven Johnson <sejohnson8 at gmail.com>:

> These tags are necessary because unlike other countries, the US has no nationwide house numbering/street naming standard.

A nationwide standard might exist in some countries, but also for Germany and Italy, the countries I know best, I can confirm that there is no such standard, but it is done on a municipal or regional level, and in the case of Berlin (admin level 4) you can even find different systems within the same city (for historic reasons). This said, the current scheme was until now sufficient to deal with all these variants, so I would be interested to learn which are the  incompatible parts in the US scheme.

Cheers,
Martin