[Tagging] Differences between crop and produce?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:06:59 GMT 2012

Apparently we have 2 similar tags for the same stuff:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:crop and
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce

Are there any tiny semantical differences? Are they both on the same
level (e.g. is crop fine for all kinds of nuts, fruits, grains,
vegetables, like apples, strawberries, olives, wheat, potatoes,
cotton, ...) or is the literal meaning of one more specific?

As a sidenote there seems to be suggestions for "maize" and "corn",
which, if I interpret this right, are the same plant, the first being
BE and the second AE? (As we generally use BE, maybe if what I suppose
is true we should mark "corn" as deprecated?)

cheers,
Martin