[Tagging] Money transfer agents

Sébastien Pierrel sebastien.pierrel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:06:16 GMT 2012

On 19 November 2012 17:39, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Sébastien Pierrel
> <sebastien.pierrel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What do you think of money_transfer=agent +
> operator:money_transfer="Western
> > Union"?
>
> Do you mean "in combination with an existing amenity=* like =bank" ?

yes, exactly.
Money transfer agents are not necessarily banks. I can think of agents that
are primarily bureaux de change and convenience stores.

> Banks are also offering insurance services, or even mobile phone
> subscriptions. Are you going to list all services proposed by your
> bank ? Is it really the aim of a geospatial database ?

Why not?
As long as it helps me answering the questions "Where is
non-moveable-thing?" or "Where can I find X-service?", I think it fits.

In our case, the service is contracted for another company and I believe it
is valuable to collect data about such a network.

Help me draw the line.

Cheers,
Seb.