[Tagging] Proposal: expanded address tags for US

David ``Smith'' vidthekid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:05:40 GMT 2012

On Nov 19, 2012 4:52 AM, "Clay Smalley" <claysmalley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
>>
>> To me, the straightforward solution would be:
>>
>> addr:housenumber = 6345
>> addr:street = W. Euclid Avenue (maybe without the abbreviation)
>
>  To add to that, I would posit that the name including the direction and
suffix is indeed the full name. To me, West 3rd Street and East 3rd Street
are absolutely as distinct from each other as Elm Street and Oak Street.

That varies by city.  In Cleveland, this is true.  But in Columbus, 200
North Third Street and 200 South Third Street are two distinct addresses on
the very same Third Street.

Still, I think the Karlsruhe Schema is sufficient.  I'm willing to accept
[addr:street=N 3rd St] even as I insist that for the street itself,
[name=Third Street].