[Tagging] [OSM-talk-be] Zones 30 in Belgium (from )

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:28:21 GMT 2012

On 2012-11-21 14:47, Sander Deryckere wrote :
> Always take some time, you knew that uploading 1000 POI wasn't going
> to be appreciated.
>
> Uploading bugs to OpenStreetBugs is very easy. A few lines of bash or
> perl code would do
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs/API_0.6#addPOIexec
I'm sorry not to always make every answer personal.

I have just been round correcting a 20+ bugs of OSB over a rather large
area (low density).
Most of what I did was erasing the requests because they had already
been corrected outside OSB, even 1 or 2 years ago. Other bugs were
saying things like "priority is the other way" without thinking that if
it was corrected outside OSB too, doing what is said would set the
priority wrong again.
On the other hand, we have just heard of Teddy: kudos, Teddy:
> I have worked with http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/ hto fix error of
> routing. 2 months of work and hundreds of roads have been corrected in
> Wallonia and in the surrounding area. Pffff, it is well advanced...
New crater on Earth.
<http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=routing&lon=5.23069&lat=50.14893&zoom=8&overlays=unconnected_major1,unconnected_major2,unconnected_major5,unconnected_minor1,unconnected_minor2,unconnected_minor5>
This is why I believe more in OSMI/OSMOSE than in OSB.
> But the problem isn't in uploading to OSB or OSM, it's checking if
> there isn't already a speed limit present. The OSM database shouldn't
> be filled with duplicate data if the data is already okay.  For OSB,
> this might be less of a problem, but it's still not wanted.
As I have just explained, someone finding an already corrected problem
is just half surprised, the less if he is warned why, and he feels like
working terribly fast ;)
I betcha some would rush
Да. Jo the Polyglot, WinFixIT at gmail.com as he wrote this afternoon

On 2012-11-21 16:53, Jo wrote :
> I may have a way to upload them to OSB. The API is indeed quite
> accessible. In order to take out the ones that are already in the OSM
> data, I can download all the maxspeed=30 with Overpass API and remove
> the ones which have end nodes near to them.
>
> I'll see what I can do with some help from PostGIS.
>
> Polyglot

I'm standing by, finger on the trigger. When you want.

Cheers,

André.