[Tagging] Clean-up the seamark landmark tags on the wiki (and perhaps later in the db)

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:24:33 GMT 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Malcolm Herring
<malcolm.herring at btinternet.com> wrote:

> This is additional information, not duplicate information, so they may well
> co-exist with the conventional OSM tags for whatever type of map feature the
> object is.

If you call:
"landuse=cemetery" + "landmark=cemetery" + "seamark=landmark" +
"seamark:type=landmark" + "seamark:landmark:category = cemetery"

not duplicates, I don't know what you need more for duplicates ;-)

As I said, a simple landmark tag is enough. It does not need to
specifiy again it is a cemetery when we can combine it with already
existing OSM tags (like the "landuse=cemetery"). The tag can be
"seamark = landmark" or "seamark:type=landmark", I don't care. But
only one single key/value pair providing this information is enough.
If nobody is interested by the subject, I will decide myself to
deprecate one of them in the wiki, e.g. the "seamark:type=landmark".
Although it is the most widely used, it sounds over complicated when
we have a simpler version like "seamark=landmark". (and of course,
deprecate all "semark:landmark:category=*").

Pieren