[Tagging] Disputed borders

Dinamik dinamikosm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:03:45 GMT 2012

Dear colleges! I want to invite you to discussion page of tag
boundary=administrative. I would like to discuss about question of tagging
of disputed borders.

Are there any opinions about situations, when borders of states are
disputed? For example, there are two states, which have border between
them. One state thinks, that border is located on one line, second state
thinks, that border is located on second line. De-facto border, which is
defined by de-facto control of states, is located on third line. How can we
map lines AB, BCDE, EF, BGHE, BE? How can we map disputed territory GBCDEH?
How can we map borders, which exist only in imagination of one state? How
can we map borders, which exist in imagination of one state and coincide
with de-facto border? How can we map border, which exists in reality, but
is not recognized by both adjoining states? What multipolygon should we use
for outer border of state: official border, which is defined by laws of
this state, or de-facto border, which is defined by de-facto control of
government/army of state?

Link:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative#Disputed_borders

 Truly yours, Dinamik