[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Gross vehicle weight rating

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:40:04 GMT 2012

Hi,

In the UK I've spotted that some maximum weight road signs have just the
weight limit on the sign, whilst others also include a picture of a HGV.
I've only realised this difference recently and have not had time to
research the legal side of things but the brief description on the
Department for Transports website suggests the sign with the HGV only
applies to that type of vehicle. If this is indeed the case, can we simply
use the following (as appropriate):

* maxweight:hgv = *
* maxweight = *

Rob

p.s. These discussions don't seem specific to the conditional restrictions
tag scheme. Have you had a look on the talk page for maxweight, there are
some other interesting comments there!!