[Tagging] How to solve the problem with relation overload?

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Nov 30 10:37:31 GMT 2012

Does anyone else find that editing ways with relations slows potlatch to a crawl? I find that there is a long delay when ever I do anything to them?

Phil
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 30/11/2012 10:02 Richard Mann wrote:

Try using Potlatch

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

I'm a little desperate now. The increasing number of relations -
especially those for public transport - make it harder and harder to
make simple edits.

Example: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/146170815

I avoid to edit the "Süd Autobahn" because I'm aware that it is nearly
impossible to do so because of the relations attached to it. But
sometimes I have to. Right now I downloaded that area, had a look what
to do, updated the data again, split one(!) way and uploaded the data.
The timespan between data update and upload was about ten seconds(!).
Result: nine(!) conflicts.

Are we sure that those relations provide more information than they
prevent to be provided?

regards,
Martin