[Tagging] How to solve the problem with relation overload?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:11:29 GMT 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Henning Scholland <osm at aighes.de> wrote:
> Eg.:
>     ___D___
>    /       \
>    |       |
> ---A---C---B----

I'm not sure to understand your problems here. If your route goes
through A->D then select A and D. If your route is A->C->D, then
select A, C & D. The only possible (theoritical) issue migh be a two
possible ways between two near intersections. This could be solved by
adding an intermediate node for instance (or the way itself in such
exceptional case).

> Which way should editor display? Direct one or longer one?

Always the direct one. The longer means that you missed an
intersection in your route definition. It's a mistake. Routes defined
by ways also contain mistakes (not continuous, dead ends, duplicates,
etc).

> If some adds a way between D and C and doesn't care about all relation
> (editor cant display every route), it gets even unclearer, which way belong
> to the route.

If you split the way in the current model, the new way is placed into
the relation automagically by the editor. Such feature could be
implemented as well for the other modeling.

Pieren