[Tagging] How to solve the problem with relation overload?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Fri Nov 30 15:05:52 GMT 2012

+1
This was exactly what I was about to comment.
I'd add that things might look relatively ok in areas where the map data is pretty complete -- but it totally tanks in areas where it's not. I didn't come to think of the access-/practicability-related, which make it even more complicated.

As per the notion of "intersection nodes are quite stable in OSM".
Again, might b true for intersection nodes but it's the additions of "shortcuts" that makes it especially complicated, I think.

Cheers,
-Jaakko