[Tagging] Coastline around a bridge?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:52:24 BST 2012

2012/10/4 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> Hi again!
>
> I fixed that now (hopefully). What I spotted was a difference between
> the relation Gooimeer [1] and Ijmeer [2]. The relation for Gooimeer
> contains the tag natural=water while Ijmeer instead contains the tag
> toponym=water. Any opinions on this?

looks as if "toponym" appears mostly in the Netherlands and was maybe
introduced by the AND import:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/3dShapes/Landuse_import#toponym_toelichting
wouldn't be bad to have some docu in English about the intended usage
and meaning.

For natural=water there are (conflicting) additional tags proposed:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_cover
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:water which was approved last
year here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Water_details

Unfortunately it was overseen that "water" was already in use by the
time (guess, I didn't check when this mass of intermittent was
entered). If you look at taginfo most actually used values are
"intermittent", followed by "lake;pond" (the sheer quantity makes this
look like an import or similar).

cheers,
Martin