[Tagging] Seasonnal roads

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Oct 9 22:43:19 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com>wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm looking how to tag a road with seasonal opening or closing. ...
> >Up to now, I was using "opening_hours=*" with "Nov-Apr off".
>
> Hi Éric,
>
> Have you tried:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions
> Work is under way to help make the page clearer, but essentially your tag
> would be:
>
> * vehicle:conditional = no @ Nov-Apr
>
> This would restrict bicycles as well so replace vehicle with motor_vehicle
> is this is more appropriate.
>
> One of the main mountain highways here is closed to licensed vehicles
during the winter months, but snowmobiles are permitted.  Would
vehicle:conditional apply to snowmobiles?

--
Clifford

I have promised to cut down on my swearing and drinking, which I have.
 Unfortunately, this has left me dim-witted and nearly speechless. Adapted
from *The Lion* by Nelson DeMille

-or-

 Albert Einstein