[Tagging] Turn Restrictions

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sun Oct 14 21:01:22 BST 2012

14.10.2012 16:42, Martin Koppenhoefer:
> 2012/10/14 Eckhart Wörner <ewoerner at kde.org>:
>> I have now changed the page back to the last edit before Gauß started vandalizing, maybe some admin can lock the page as well?
>
> Has someone tried to approach him directly?

On the Relation:restriction talk page, I've pointed out some potentially
application-breaking issues caused by his changes (there might be more).
He even announced some of his edits there before performing them, and
while that is not enough to justify the far-reaching changes to an
established relation type, he has demonstrated that he does quickly
respond to comments.

Therefore, suggesting a block or locking the page before even attempting
a diplomatic approach does not seem like a good strategy.

I guess that from his point of view, he has simply solved a few
long-standing issues with the definition of restriction relations - e.g.
he added comments to some of the old unsolved discussion threads on that
talk page, explaining how his changes would help dealing with the
situation. Some of that might be worth turning into a proposal to
update/extend the definition.

Tobias